Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Law of Spiritual Progress

I stumbled on this simple, yet profound series of statements from Dr. Ray Pritchard of Keep Believing Ministries:

"Several years ago the Lord gave me a series of simple statements that I call the First Law of Spiritual Progress:

I CAN’T GO BACK
I CAN’T STAY HERE
I MUST GO FORWARD

You can’t go back to the past - not to relive the good times or to undo the mistakes you made. But you can’t stay where you are either. Life is a river that flows endlessly onward. It matters not whether you are happy in your present situation or whether you seek deliverance from it. You can’t stay where you are forever. The only way to go is forward. When you are tempted to despair, remember that you can’t go back, you can’t stay where you are, but by God’s grace, you can move forward one step at a time."

Amen...I'm gonna do it! By God's Grace...

No comments: