Monday, January 2, 2012

Greatly Loved

Daniel 10:19 ESV  And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."
Nothing strengthens my heart like the revelation that I am greatly loved by the God of the universe. His unconditional love causes my weak heart to beat with passion for Him.  As the light of this truth dawns across the landscapes of my life, sowing and reaping takes place.  God’s love is active. He is sowing love into my heart and those seeds begin to rapidly sprout.  Empty, cold prayers and passionless devotions are overtaken with a new crop of divine love.

This planting is not content to remain in the safe confines of my personal quiet garden.  The first command of "love the Lord your God" empowers me to love myself and my neighbor.  Divine love fuels and fills my heart with acceptance, forgiveness, and sacrificial giving.  True Kingdom living is built not on the brick and mortar of rules but the organic growth of love.
Expose yourself to the radiant glow of His love. You will emerge from His presence changed.  Is it possible that revival or societal revolution is waiting in the Lord’s secret chamber? 
 

No comments: