Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Two Promises

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33 NIV


This verse has two promises. The first promise is that in this world, you will have trouble. The question is not if I will have trials, difficulties, or issues to deal with...it is when?


Peace, lasting peace never comes from circumstances around us but rather from the King that rules us. If I am my king, I look to myself. If circumstances of my life or fate is my king, I look outward to others. Instead of looking inward for confidence or looking outward for temporary help, I choose to look upward for victory. Here’s the second promise: He has overcome the world. This King offers His subjects His peace.


Father, give me courage today to live for You. Empower my words and actions to live out of divine generosity rather than human need. Jesus, your victory was final and complete, strengthen my love in the Holy Spirit. I seek first Your Kingdom today, amen. 


Off the Top of My Spirit: Devotional Thoughts by Eddie Taylor • Copyright © 2020 TMG Publishing • November 10,  2020

No comments: