Saturday, May 1, 2010

Like A Dream

Bible journey

I'm sure people that much smarter and more experienced than I am have written on dreams.  I am not writing a complete treatise on dreams just a thought I had this morning. In Psalm 139:18 the psalmist says:

"I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, You are still with me!"

In context there is no indication that the writer is sleeping. It seems to me that the writer is so carried away with his meditations on the goodness of God that it seems like a dream to Him. Suddenly He comes to the realization that he is not asleep...God is still with Him.
I was convicted. So often I am so focused on what is not happening that I miss what God has done.  Perhaps If I would spend more time reflecting on His abundance and less time focused on my needs the two would seem closer together, more like dream. 

No comments: