Sunday, November 15, 2020

True Discernment

“While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:44-47‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Just as we have”. 

I must have a valid encounters with Holy Spirit so that I can encourage those around me in their experiences. If I only know God in a clinical, text book way then I am either critical or suspicious of other’s journey with Christ. It is only by beholding Him that I am graced to discern Him in others. 

Discernment is a gift of the Spirit. Suspicion is the fruit of fear. Discernment brings liberty and growth. Suspicion minimizes, mocks, and limits. Spirit-led leadership releases expansive growth while suspicion forms a club.

Off the Top of My Spirit: Devotional Thoughts by Eddie Taylor • Copyright © 2020 TMG Publishing • November 15,  2020

No comments: