Tuesday, March 20, 2018

House Guest…Christ Lives in Us

Week Five - Day Two

Contrary to popular American church culture, the ultimate goal is not that we are going to heaven, but that Christ now lives in us.  Oh, we will spend eternity with Jesus in the New Jerusalem, but the mystery, the wonder of New Covenant faith is that Christ lives in us! Meditate on this verse:


Colossians 1:27 (NKJV)  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Wow! He lives in me...and He loves me.  This encourages me to partner with him in the restoration process.  I want to allow him to redeem and restore every part of my life. I can without fear approach Him and confess the parts of my life that done look like him to him.  As I agree with his assessment of my life and behaviors, He makes me more and more like him. Think on these two passages:

1 John 1:9(NKJV) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2 Corinthians 3:18(NKJV) But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Takeaway: My part in the process is to simply confess and trust with the rest.

In response to His great love, I want to offer him a temple worthy of His honor.

**This post works well with the companion book/prayer guide:  An Awesome Way to Pray by Barry St. Clair.  Here's the link to the free resource in case you haven't downloaded it yet: https://goo.gl/GdevSj 


No comments: